Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blog 5_ Matchmaking for a 107-year-old, anyone?

To all the single ladies out there, it is never too late to wait for "the question" to pop up, or, in some cases, pop the question yourself.

Wook Kundor, a 107-year-old woman from Malaysia told reporters that she wants to get married again, for the 23rd time, because she is afraid that her current husband may leave her for a younger woman.

Mrs Wook, who lives in northern Kuala Terengganu, has been separated from her husband, Mohammad Noor Che Musa, after he has decided to check into a rehab centre in Kuala Lumpur in July.

The couple married four years ago and made it to the headlines due to the 70 years of age difference.

Mrs Wook's husband said that it was "God's will" that they fell in love. But now, love may not be in the air for the couple anymore.

"Lately there is a kind of insecurity in me," Mrs Wook told the Star newspaper. "My intention to remarry is to fill my forlornness and nothing more than that."

But it may not be an easy task to find Mrs Wook a suitor.

"I realise that I am an aged woman," she said. "I don't have the body, nor am I a young woman who can attract anyone."

However, there is still hope between the couple. Mrs Wook said she would consider staying together with her husband if the 37-year-old still has feelings for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment